Hello family!
I'm feeling less rushed and crazy today. First P-day is always pretty crazy. And I may not have mentioned that we "whitewashed" this area -neither one of us was already serving here. And add to that the fact that no sister missionaries were serving here for a few months = crazy. So they did give us a map they just didn't know where our area boundaries would be for the first week. It's all good now. We've got things figured out and we're working on making the area book beautiful.
Yes, I have a pillow now. Bought it at Target last P-day. It's been lovely to have. And I think my neck muscles appreciate it. Even though they're tensed from always carrying a bag and just general everyday missionary stress. But life is so good! It's great to be a missionary!
We have some investigators that are progressing, but none with baptismal dates. We've got plans and are working on them coming true :) We've been fed a few more dinners and gotten to know more ward members which is great. I'll probably end up playing the piano in RS. And I do at district meetings. Wups, should've practiced more before I came. But it's great. I like playing the piano - I just prefer playing for myself and not accompaniment :)
Disclaimer: learning Spanish is really throwing off my English grammar and spelling. So sorry but there will be misspelled words. myldsmail.net does not have spell checker (sorry Dad!)
And speaking of Spanish, it's coming along alright. We practice teaching some principle in every companion study and that is really helpful. And I've switched and now just want to convey my thoughts so mess up on conjugations. Oh well. I want them to catch the meaning is all. (In the MTC I only liked saying things if I could say it right)
Hermana Talbot is doing well. I'll tell her 'hi' for you. And I'll work on the pictures. We're heading to Wal-mart today and if it has 1-hr photo I might consider doing it. But we don't really have an hour to just spend at Wal-mart! Last P-day went crazy and we barely got our laundry done. So Hna Talbot-- she is number 3 of 5. Her two older siblings served missions. And her younger brother is working on his papers now. Her youngest brother passed away. I'm pretty sure she was born and raised in the church. Her dad works for the Air Force as a teacher. He's retired and a civilian worker. Her mom has her own company (I think) and plans weddings. I have other info on a sticky note. That should be good for now :)
I will always have a car here in Carlsbad. All sisters do. With elders it depends on the area. We have a certain amount of miles and if we go over it comes out of the next month's allotment. I don't know what happens after that. Maybe we walk? And the mission takes care of the gas. I do not drive the car. Hna Talbot is the designated driver this transfer. Maybe I'll drive later on in the mission. (probably if I train someone.)
And I forgot to grab my wish list on the way out the door :( One thing I would really like is return address labels. With the mission office address. But only 1 page because the office is most likely moving to Vista soon. Thanks! And I have a genius plan on treats - I'll send a list of what I'd want. Then in each package you only send one small amount of one kind of treat. So throughout my mission I'll get all the treats. But I won't have tons to haul around and eat. I'm supposed to be eating healthy. Sis. Brady talked about it our first day. I'm doing pretty good. (Seriously, this is what I would prefer. Not huge packages. Small sizes)
I would really like my CD's sent to me soon. I don't need the player right away. Hna Talbot has one. And the restrictions changed - any music my comp. and I agree on as good for mission work goes. If my comp. says it doesn't follow Missionary Handbook guidelines, my comp. is right. So I can get any classical music! And some Christmas music from Manheim Steamroller would be fabulous.
I'll find more time for writing today. But I've only received one letter today from a friend so it makes it lots easier :) I'll respond to mum's letter from the package. Thanks for that, btw. The treats were perfect! Just what I'd been wishing for (same brain wave lengths, I guess).
So missionary work here in Carlsbad is great! Yesterday we had some entertaining tracting moments. Contacted some people at a gas station, talked to a young man rolling a cigarrette, (sp?) and met a lady whose day was made because she met some mormon females out spreading the word of God. Always nice to make someone's day :) We also started writing a poem. I'm pretty excited about it. To be shared when it's completed....
I mentioned photos, I took some of the apartment when we first got here. Not sure when I'll have a chance to print them but will keep it in the back of my mind. And I can now open pictures if you want to send any to me. Just couldn't at the MTC.
I feel that this e-mail is scattered. But it's alright! I love you all tons. Thanks for all the love and support! Keep sending NOTES (ie letters) and prayers my way. They mean so much.
Love,
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment