Hello family!!
Is it really the middle of December already? Wow! Thanks for sending a Christmas package off to me. 15 pounds of happiness? Oh wow, I am one lucky and blessed sister missionary.
So ...the news... we are staying together here for another transfer. Very good! We have set some goals and plan to make this a great transfer. The previous one was pretty good and we can definitely see improvement (a little easier since we whitewashed in and started with practically nothing). We are ready to work really hard and see lots more improvement.
It has been pretty cold lately. I came in with the idea that it wouldn't get cold here -- wrong! It was 40 degrees one night, according to our car. Yikes! And we've had some more rain. We actually ran in the rain on Sat. night trying to hurry to an appointment. It was entertaining and just a crazy night.
News about the tools that the elders lost.....they didn't lose them! We went back to the dealer to pick up the new ones and lo and behold the originals were found in a little compartment. Uh...yeah. We called Elder Pusey (works in the office and is in charge of all car stuff) and he said "Well, you win some and lose some." Classic! He makes us smile. So, I'm sending out an apology to all the elders we were annoyed with - the tools were not lost. Oh and we mentioned the missing tools at district meeting last week. We loved one elder's response: the jack is holding up the fridge. Ha ha! He is actually Elder Allan, a friend of Hilary's. Small world!
We've had some classic Hispanic foods a lot lately - caldo and pozole. Both soup/broth type things. They are good! We've had fish, beef, and chicken caldo. And green and red pozole. And the cactus-like stuff we ate a while back was actually cactus. Oops. translation errors. It's called 'nopales' in Espanol.
It's been a pretty good week! Our investigators aren't progressing as well :( We have a lot but they are in the "other" category right now. It's frustrating, but so it is. We just love them, pray for them, and do what we can.
Oh, I think I mentioned Belem in the last e-mail. She's great. Hna Talbot feels that we were meant to work together. She calls me "Verde" and regularly commands me to speak. She is just fun. Do you want to come here after I'm done and meet her? I think she would enjoy it. She has been feeding us tamales - I guess when you make tamales, you make tamales. So they have lots and think we are too skinny and should eat more food. (I'm eating plenty, thanks!) All the members say that. This week Ofelia said "you don't know how to eat well." (But it just sounds better in Spanish.) It made us laugh.
Speaking of Belem's commands - I speak more now than in the beginning, but Hna Talbot still does the majority of the talking. I'm working on it. Belem is a great help for that. I often get to the state of just wanting to communicate so I give up on the conjugations and just say words...he he. Not the best thing but it works usually.
About the calls home - we will go to a member's home and call with a calling card. I have no idea what time or whose home. No one has offered yet. So what time works for you? We are pretty flexible. It is still a normal day of work besides the phone call and hopefully a good dinner.
Well, I love you all! Thank you for the love and support. Please be sure to send it on to everyone that is supporting me.
Love,
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment