Hello family!
I don't have much time left for e-mail this fine day. I was enjoying your e-mails and photographs. Thanks Dad! I would love a printed version of #8338 since it shows the house and mountains really well. Great photo.
I am doing great. And as the subject says we have lots of sources for happiness. The funny ones: * in our area we have the source of AT&T trucks and buses. So exciting! *one of our good friends is Tommy the Thomas Guide with maps for San Diego County *our car makes spaceship noises when we park him at night so his name is Marvin the Martian. Yesterday I shortened it to Marvy and I really like it (maybe even better than Tommy).
So. I survived zone conference playing the piano. Phew! Practiced for nearly 20 minutes beforehand which helped. And we changed the musical number so I played the easiest song in the hymn book. He he. Everyone seemed to appreciate it. And zone conference was amazing. Wow! Just love it. I'm all pumped up again. We learned about finding pathways to investigator's hearts and doing that through listening. Listening to the investigator, the Spirit, and our companion. It was really good. And I had a good interview with President. Quick and to-the-point. We have such great support here in the Carlsbad CA Mission! I love the senior couples in the office and President and his wife are great. It's fabulous! (PS G & G Barlow: thank you for all you did as office couples. You are fabulous examples and essential to the smooth movement of missionary work)
We had yummy food at zone conference :) Provided by our wonderful support team - lasagna, salad, and pumpkin pie. Hurray! Usually the RS provides the food but it was the day before Thanksgiving. They also gave us clementines throughout the day as "wake up snacks". Happy.
We were also taken care of on Thanksgiving Day. We joined a member, Hna Lourdes from Peru, and her non-member husband, David. She left a hilarious voice message on our phone the night before about how she wanted to cook a turkey for us but she doesn't know how and she hoped we could eat it and it wouldn't be too hard. It was great. Still have it on the phone. The food was fabulous. Her husband did the turkey ;) And she made potatoes from Peru that were very yellow but tasty. We didn't have time for the pecan pie but they sent half of it home with us. Along with a little of everything else. How awesome! Then in the evening we visited a family and they sent us home with food too. Ah! Our refrigerator is quite full. And we just had a good meal the day before. It's definitely feast or famine. (the members are taking care of us. We cook for ourselves sometimes and usually have 1 or 2 dinners with members every week. We had an outing to a restaurant on Sat with Ofelia. China Star Buffet. Chinese food! Chopsticks! I was very happy.)
We got some real tacos last P-day at a store by our house. They were good. And I tried Horchata which is a tasty drink. Sort of like milk, with cinammon flavor. We bought some, but it has a licorice flavor and isn't as good. Then an investigator Isabel gave us apples on our way our her door and said "bonita como Ud.s" that made me smile (translation=beautiful like you guys)
What to say in my last two minutes?! We went to a baptism in Vista on Sat night. An investigator Hna talbot taught a lot. It was great to see Hna Denker again! And my piano skills were enlisted :).
I know this is God's kingdom on the earth and I love being on the front lines. I encourage you to keep building your testimonies through scripture study and prayer. And be good member missionaries! This is the true church. Jesus Christ is at the head and he directs it through inspired leaders.
I love you all!!
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment