Hola family!
The subject line means "where were you?" or "where was I?". Pretty appropriate in both senses. Glad you received my note. Things are great. Here's the news....
I'm in the same area with a new companion = Hermana Davis. She was trained by Hna Talbot too (not too long ago) and then she trained my MTC companion Hna Denker and now we are companions. He he. It has been really fun to switch things up and get to know a new person. We get along great and have talked a lot which is fun (more than I did with Hna Talbot. Probably because I'm more comfortable now). She is from Massachusetts and has 6 siblings. She has a brother-in-law from Taiwan which is fun. I've taken a few pictures of the two of us and if I don't print them off today, I will next week.
That is the big news for the past 2 weeks. Now I'll do an e-mail for last Tues :)
We taught 7 lessons on Thurs. which was pretty awesome. It was a while ago so now I don't remember much else. We got more rain but survived fine. I had a different waterproof bag I used. It just is purple and our bags are supposed to be black...oh well.
The elders had a baptism on Sat. and Mari and Bianca were there which was so great. They are pretty much ready to be baptized! Mari is still working on finding a new option for work so she can attend church. Their baptismal date is Feb 23 (Tues) and everything should work out fine for that. Hurray!
We bought strawberries at a cute stand right by a strawberry field last P-day. They were so delicious! And Hna Talbot was really happy since she loves strawberries. We also sat down and ate at a sub shop - I had French Dip on sourdough bread. Yum!
We shared a Book of Mormon with an investigator and she got really excited to read it and I did, too. It's just such an amazing book! I love studying it. I want to sit down for hours and study without any interruptions....but it's great to go out and share it with other people.
For this past week, I can't think of too much. Just getting used to being the junior companion but knowing the area. I'm still not driving, I have the important job of navigator. I received my package at transfer meeting which was so happy. It was super great. Thank you, Mom!! I shared some of the homemade treats with the Arango Family last night and they seemed to enjoy them. It was fun to finally give them food since we are always receiving it.
Yeah, can't think of too much else. The work is going well. We have
a LOT of investigators right now. It's a little crazy. But we continue planning, praying for, and teaching them. And finding new ones :)
I'm out of time. I love you all tons and tons! And I love being a missionary - in sunny southern California.
Love,
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment