Tuesday, February 23, 2010

23 February 2010 - Temple Trip

Hi Family!

Using the old e-mail system today because I can't remember my username for the new system...oops. So I can't read your e-mails. Sorry!

I don't have much to say today and we have such little time. We went to the San Diego Temple this morning. Wow!! It is such a beautiful temple. And it was so good to go again. It has been to long. I can't wait to go every month or every week when I'm back home.

Basically, it's been a good week. Zone Conference on Wed. was great. Learned lots of good things. We talked about sharing Joseph Smith's testimony of the First Vision. It is so logical how we do it now - I'm grateful for training! Basically we are just slowing it down and allowing time for the Spirit to testify. He's the real teacher!

I told Sis. Brady about Mom's e-mail on the new mission president. She told Pres. Brady and asked if he's up for 3 more years. Ha ha. I said "Don't worry. My mom doesn't have the final say." So thanks Mom. You gave us all a laugh!

Then we had a wonderful surprise on Sunday at church. The Arango Family walked in - and Mari too!!! We didn't expect her at all. She just called in and said she couldn't work. It was so great. And it was a fabulous group of meetings. Yes! I love church and more than that I love the beauty and simplicity and logicality of the gospel. It's incredible. So Mari and Vianka won't be baptized today (that's the date we had been working toward) but we are closer than before. She has now come to church and knows some of the members. Hurray!

That's about all. The work goes forward. And I run to keep up with it. There is just so much to learn. And as I wrote in my notes today - the true test is in what we do with our knowledge; in the application of it. I feel like I've heard someone say that wisdom is knowledge applied. Can anyone help me out with a source for that quote?

I love you all so much! Thanks for the love and support. And sorry I can't read your e-mails. Maybe I'll remember my info in the next 2 minutes.

Love,
Hermana Green

No comments: