Family!
Hola, hola. Isn't this nice weather fabulous?! Oh, sorry. You've only sort of experienced it. Well, it has been pretty great. We had one day with lots of rain but we survived. I pulled out my waterproof bag to protect my scriptures :)
So about the subject line. The other day we saw something SO hilarious and made up the dialogue that we thought went along with the image. We continue making up dialogues like it when we see funny things. Maybe you mostly had to be in the situation...I'm not sure.
What we saw:
Hna Davis - a little boy jumping off the back bumper of a car
Hna Green - a little boy hanging on a mailbox
Both - a little boy climbing back onto the car
Conjecture = he was climbing on the bumper to jump to try and open the mailbox.
How great is that?!
The Dialogue
Mom: Dito, go get the mail
Dito: But mama! no puedo (= I can't)
Mom: Ven, Dito. (= go)
Dito: but mama. No estoy bastante alto (=I am not tall enough)
Mom: Si, Dito. Usa el carro (= use the car)
Mwah ha ha. It has filled our days with joy and delight. Hope you chuckle as well! (PS Mum, could you print out this e-mail so I can save this memory for later? Thanks!)
So, the work continues onward "and worlds and lives abound". Sorry, hymn phrase just popped into my head. Love the hymns! Mari was at church again this week. Hurray! And Vianka too. We're hoping things will work out so they can be baptized in this month. (PS When did it get to March?! I'm almost at my 6-month mark. That's nuts.)
We have some other baptismal dates set with promising investigators. I'll let you know of any exciting things later.
We had dinner with Hna Pynes this week and she fed us Honduranean food. Yum! It was kind of like tostados (E. Green should know those). And very healthy. I love that! She is so fun. We enjoyed visiting with her. We also ate with Hna Ausman (bishop's wife) and her daughter last night. Mom-I thanked her on your behalf for her help with getting us fed by members.
I don't have too much else to say. Life's great. That transfer is almost over which is super crazy. It often goes by so fast. I love you all and thanks for all the support! I don't know anything more about my mission president. I'll probably know in July. :) And I purchased two dress shirts and two tank tops at Kohl's. I have pictures of me in one of them that I'll be printing and sending to you today.
Shantaye - I loved the late Valentine's Day card. Thanks! I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the time when Mom can take care of you because it passes all too quickly.
Today I received a Valentine's card from Lhing and Khanh. Yeah :)
Chez - good luck with soccer tryouts. Let me know how it goes! And the basketball too. That is really exciting. I don't know about the password. I was certain that last one was correct.
Dad - that is great you are so busy! Well, great and not great. I'm glad you are "busy making money". Thanks for all the postcards.
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment