Hola Familia!
Espero que todo este bien con Uds. (I hope that everything is well with you.)
I'm just sitting here with a million thoughts in my head. Ok, that's pretty normal. Well, maybe it is usually half a mil. Why, you ask? I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED today. In a few hours. Ah! And I'm also going to be the senior companion. Ah!
It's exciting and great as well. The Arangos are really sad to see me go. We visited with them last night. Mari really hopes that I will be serving close by so that I can come back for their baptism. We will see. They purchased a gift for me but will have to send it in the mail (and then I'll send it home :) And I gave them our home address - with my first name! Ha ha. People ask about my first name and I never give it to them. I feel protective of it. And it's not who I am now!
Anyway, that is the really big news for this week. We found out Sat. night. Hna Davis said "Seriously?" like 10 times to the district leader. I finally just ended the call. She really expected him to say 'just kidding'. We'd only been together one transfer. That's kinda short. Usually it's about 2 per companion. Then about 20 mins later one of the assistants called to extend the calling as senior companion. Yikes. And on Monday we were a little bit on pins and needles. President calls then to tell you if you will be training a new missionary. Don't worry, neither of us is for now.
Exciting news - I get to go explore a new area of SoCal!! And I may get to drive the car...mwa ha ha. I'm going to miss it here. I shared my testimony on Sunday. And I took a few more pictures with members. Which we will print today.
The other big thing for this week - I hit my 6-month mark. I seriously can't believe it! I'm a third of the way done. Wow. It's been wonderful and hard and fascinating. And the most amazing thing happened that day -- I received TWO packages. That's right, two. Dad's FABULOUS care package (the treats were perfect. Just what I wanted, in fact. Popcorn and those specific granola bars. Love the scarves!! It was just fabulous). The other package was from Taiwan. How exciting is that? A big card from the ward and a picture of them at the last ward conference, two packages of science noodles, one package of beef noodle soup, and hi-chew candy. It was such happy thing!! (Dad- thanks for sending a postcard to Hna Davis. She really liked it.)
Phew. So it's been an eventful week. Mostly the past two or three days as I try to pack but focus on missionary work. I feel like I'm in two places at once :) Next week I'll be writing from a whole new place with whole new experiences to share.
Our investigators here are doing well. We were certain 4 or so would be at church....none were :( We are teaching a couple, Ali and Bernice. And they are SO great. Sincere, interested, and with good questions. We have had some really great lessons with them. And I feel like I really have to strive to be a better missionary when I'm teaching them. It's great. In our last lesson, we talked about forever families and both Hna Davis and I just knew they are going to be one. And soon! But not on my watch...
Mari and Vianka are doing well. They are sad to see me go, but we'll keep in touch. And I'd love to bring the family back to meet them. I started my time here at their house, and ended my time here at their house. Ha ha! It feels like a second home.
We have two other investigators with baptismal dates, Cristian and Marcela. Cristian's suegra (mother-in-law) is a member of the ward. He is doing well and hopefully will get work arranged pronto (soon) so he can attend church and get baptized! His wife isn't interested in learning right now. And Marcela is so cute. We just feel so much love for her. And she always wears outfits in one color, but with patterns and they are well-coordinated. He he. She is doing pretty well. She actually requested a Bible. So essentially she was like a clean sponge ready to soak up info. It's refreshing!
There are others, but no more time.
Ok. Really have to go now. So many things to do before transfer meeting. I love you all so much! Thank you for the prayers, love, and support. It's essential.
Con amor,
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment