Hola Familia Verde!
Como estan todos? Oh dear. I really want to type in Spanish, but it doesn't work on these computers. Alright, so we have now had over a week in the new area and 1 P-day. Things are going well. And going up :) Zone Conference yesterday was great. We have a huge new goal from Pres. & Sis. Brady: 3 baptisms per companionship Apr-Jun. That's what they've set at this time in the very end of the mission. It's fabulous, inspired, and challenging. Hna Pechin and I are working to digest all that we learned yesterday and put it into effect. Pres. committed us to make our own personal and companion goals so that we can achieve this big incredible goal. I'm excited, but it is a lot to think about and will require so much effort and work. And I love it!
Life is just great. It's amazing all the little things that you learn as a missionary - how to set goals and successfully achieve them, etc. So yeah. It was also wonderful to see Sis. Brady again. I just love her! And Hna Pechin and I had a good week this past week. We set baptismal dates with two more people Gilberto and Odoria (a couple). It was a good lesson and we are excited. So we currently have 4 people with baptismal dates. And Lucia (who has a date) is great and came to church on Sunday. And in our lesson yesterday, she told us she knows the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet. It was so exciting. I was grinning the entire lesson! She is doing well and I'm really excited to help her prepare herself for baptism. Other than that, we have quite a few more investigators. Some are moving along, others aren't. It is sometimes hard to help them understand the importance of doing all the little things each day. But I've seen just how crucial it is in my short time as a missionary.
As Mom said, when we follow the simple, little promptings life is so much better. It's so true! Thanks for sharing that, mom. It got me really excited to hear you've seen it firsthand. That's what we strive to have happen with our investigators - read and pray everyday and come to church.....and keep all the other commandments :)
So we are still working on getting settled, but we are doing much, much better on that. We definitely have beds. We only had a baby 'kitchen' table for a while and 3 chairs and 1 desk and no dressers. But the helpful assistants delivered furniture one night and we are pretty much all set now. It's so nice! The office couple in charge of apartments has been so helpful as well - Elder and Sister Denos. We still lack a few little things, but will continue working on it. We both have desks, lamps, a true kitchen table, and we each have a 5-draw dresser. We are well taken care of. Don't worry about that :)
I received two letters this week - one from Dad and one from Shantaye. Thanks so much!
We are still working on getting the members fired up and excited to help us (which I hope all of you as my family are being great member missionaries. It seriously moves the work forward so much faster.) Hna Soto is married and has a young daughter, Ana. They come together. Her husband is a truck driver. Yes, she is part of the ward but lives out of our area. Familia Fabian are members. Hna, Hno, son, and daughter. We eat dinner with them each Monday. And Hna Fabian is SO willing to help us out - it's great. We also had an amazing dinner with Hna Mosqueira who we found out there is a pretty new convert. She fed us pasta, pesto, and fish which we had been craving for a week or so! Best friends, for sure. No Mom, I am not learning to cook all this food. That will have to wait until after the mission. But I'm SO excited to learn how to cook! (A slightly strange, new development). And we met another ward family who agreed to feed us tomorrow which will be great.
It really is amazing to have a companion! We are teaching with much more unity and learning so much from each other - it's a great blessing. I love Hna Pechin. And yes, I can do anything with the Lord. Sometimes I just forget that He is on my side and it looks like a huge mountain I can never scale. But I know it is possible and I'm so grateful for this time to learn that firsthand (sometimes the hard way).
I love you all very much. I can't think of anything more at this very moment. Thank you for all the prayers and support. I know I am becoming a much better person and servant of God. Actually, Hna Pechin and I continue talking about sacrifice. We ask ourselves: what little thing can I sacrifice so I can receive more blessings? It has been pretty fun. I encourage you to think about that and set a goal and achieve it.
I love you tons family! This is the Church of Jesus Christ and He wants us to have eternal life so He has given us the means and shown the way. Now we have to walk in His footsteps. I know He lives and walks along with us. I love you and will "talk" with you again next week.
Love,
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment