Hola Familia!
Coming at you with tons of love for all the support and great e-mails from.....Mission Viejo, CA. Yep, I'm staying right here. Interesting. But Hna P is on her way out in just a few hours. AH! It's exciting. I feel like she is going on a vacation. This week we decided we are like an old married couple. Ba ha. I even tell her names of people in the middle of her prayers. So our 3-transfer party is coming to an end. We are sad. Changes are so good, and so hard. And no pictures this week. Sorry. We need 90 mins to arrive in Vista for transfer meeting. Yuck!
And the scare, "what scare?" you ask. The scare of thinking I might train a new missionary! Nearly all the missionaries in my district were certain it would be so. But no. I did not receive a phone call from Pres. Cook yesterday. Although I was a touch nervous about it happening all day. So now we just don't know who our companions will be.
Yeah for keeping the commandments! I'm excited you are going to the Mexico City Temple. Why don't Chez and Shantaye do baptisms while you older ones are in the session? That will be SO cool. I'd love to be there.
Thanks for the package...with the homemade treats I cannot eat. Not very nice. Will they last in the freezer for another 4 or 5 weeks? Hna Rosa Magana hasn't been available for teaching. And isn't progressing much...so it looks like I might not get any treats for my birthday. >sad face< But life goes on. Maybe I'll receive the package today or tomorrow at the transfer meeting.
We haven't really added to the investigator pool, but we are on the lookout. Hna P feels like the area is about to explode as she is on her way out. We had a really good lesson with Hna Roxana Magana. Hna P called it a DTR. We want the same things for her! A conviction of the prophet Joseph Smith. She was really focused in the lesson and showed a strong desire to act and know, which was great. She's grateful for our persistence. (we've been teaching her since the beginning!)
Hna Z is doing great. She fed us on Sunday because she is really sad to see Hna P leave. As is Hno Hndz. He was doing really well on the one big commandment he struggles with, then slipped up. But we have a great plan to help him overcome and be baptized. It's going to happen - we know it. Hna Z understands things well and has so much real desire to learn and understand. It makes lessons hard because she has so many questions and we have things to teach her, but on we go. We love her lots.
I think that's about everything. I've had a few restless nights where I kept thinking of all kinds of random things. Maybe I need to switch my pillow ;)
Thank you, thank you for all your love! I'm hoping for some letters from transfer meeting since haven't seen anything for a week or so. Sounds like you are all really busy in all kinds of things. Hurray. Say hi to Jana for me. I'd love to meet her - she sounds busy with you as tour guides. Don't you dare forget the little spiritual things that are essential for your salvation! I know this is God's true church. I know He loves and helps us. I know the scriptures have answers and power. I KNOW the Spirit can truly guide us. He should be everyone's senior companion!
Love to you all,
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment