Thursday, August 5, 2010

27 July 2010 - Happy Pioneer Day!

Hola Familia,

Espero que todos esten bien. Yikes. It just isn't the same without accents. Well, it was a pretty good week. We had some good member help in lessons which was great. It also made things a touch crazy in picking them up then teaching then taking them home. Phew. Missionary work is all about balance and consistency. And I have still so much to learn! (Remember how my bodily balance isn't that great anyway?)

Hna Zehuancatl is doing well. She loves having daily contact with us and often gives us food. She sang to me on my birthday after feeding us a breakfast/lunch. It was sweet. She was at church again and is getting to know the members. Many ask her about baptism :D She still isn't sure, but she is coming along bit by bit. She reads the Book of Mormon and Bible everyday. Oh si!

Hno Hernandez is doing pretty well. His baptismal date is Aug 7th and it will probably be moved back a week or so. But he is preparing and will be baptized soon. It's so exciting! I've worked with him from the beginning. And he's known of the church for over 30 years. It's time for him to be a member.

I've had some neat moments here as a missionary and I'd love to send some your way, but I can't really think of any! Oops. I love that I have opportunities in every day to study to strengthen my testimony which I go out and share with others. It is in the simple little things that we find joy! (Even if it is funny doorbells.)

I love the temple and am excited to visit again. I'm excited you are all planning trips. Did you go as a family since JJ has been home? I know it is the the house of the Lord and where we can learn so much and feel close to him.

Yeah for tree planting in India, Dad! That is pretty exciting. I helped do some planting in Costa Rica on my service trip and it was fun.

I have to run soon. I'm glad all is well and you are busy - but busy being together as a family. That's so important! I found one more shirt at Kohl's which should work for me. And I'm going for a haircut today - long overdue!

Love you all. The church is true and we are led by a living prophet. Oh yeah! That was a cool experience. Talking with a friend about the power of God here on earth. He found it so interesting. And it was great to say that my dad posseses that power. Thanks for being a worthy priesthood holder! Same to you JJ and Chez. Keep up the great work. And keep sharing the wonderful blessings of the gospel with all around you! In simple, quiet ways and in bold ones. Everyone needs these blessings.

Love,
Hermana Green

No comments: