Today is Preparation Day - HURRAY! I have never been so excited to do laundry! So we are now praying in Spanish all the time, testifying of gospel truths, teach Lesson 1. And that's all I can remember now. It's crazy how fast we go!
Church was great. All in Spanish. Mi companera bore her testimony and did a great job. I didn't have to help with anything but I may have to speak this Sunday! Eek. Everyone writes a 5 minute talk and then, in church they call 2 people from the zone to present their talks. Stressful, but I'm not worried right now. My Hma sounds like a pro piano player so she'll be playing in church on Sunday.
We had a fireside Sunday evening. It was really good and there was an awesome musical number. There was a Mission Conference (held only on Fast Sunday for 2 hours) and 6 different people spoke to us, including the MTC President and his companion (i.e. wife).
The dress everyday is fine. The nylons are not as fabulous. It takes a long time to get situated after using the toilet!
We always pray and testify in Spanish. We've learned how to meet someone. This week we're working on "get to know someone". Every Tuesday we go to the TRC and teach investigators (people role playing). So we have tasks for each week. The last one went well but we didn't understand much of the Spanish when we 'contacted' them. We taught the First Lesson and it was neat. We were lucky enough to practice the night before. We went to the TE and taught a teach. It helped TONS! Before, we were teaching the lesson. But he had us try again and then we were teaching him as a person, which is the focus/goal.
The first day was . . . intense, wonderful, scary, exciting, informative, overwhelming, exhilarating, and humbling. My companion is Hermana Erica Braithwaite from Brigham City.
There are 4 sisters in my room but 6 beds. We're happily situated. Hna Denker is from D.C. area and headed to the same place as me and my companion. Hna Sargent is from Arizona and headed to Paraguay. We're already are sad we'll have to part.
Thank you so much for the letters. I already understand how precious mail is to missionaries. Even though it's when I actually miss you and it distracts me. It's super exciting to get a letter from the district leader when he's handing out the mail.
What else will you want to know . . . .My district! It is FABULOUS. We get along so well and are always laughing together at mealtimes. I think we're known for it in the zone.
It's amazing how fast time passes! Doesn't seem like I've been here for a week. New missionaries came in yesterday and I was just so excited! This is an incredible place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment