Thank you for all the love! You are so wonderful. I can't imagine doing this with no family support. I'm so grateful for you guys.
On Monday night we did a cool activity from PMG - we took an inventory of how many times we had felt the Spirit just that day. Didn't seem like it would be too much. But we looked at a big list of the feelings of the Spirit and made notes of the circumstances when we'd felt those (that day). It was so cool! I was surprised to see how often I'd felt the Spirit in just one day. Our teacher encouraged us to work to notice the Spirit in the moment. And then to say a prayer of gratitude for His presence and promptings.
So we go to the TRC every Tuesday afternoon. It's pretty scary. This time we had to talk with an 'investigator' (volunteer from the community) for 15 minutes in Spanish. But we definitely had the gift of tongues because we were able to communicate! I usually understand most of what they say but struggle forming a response. One interesting part - he asked what happens at church (we were pretending to take him there) and we had to explain -- in Spanish! We've never practiced anything like that. But we were able to convey the meaning. It was great. Then the lesson we taught was neat. I had a prompting and followed it to be bold in helping him resolve a concern about what his Catholic family would think about him taking the discussions. I talked about how we should share something good, so he should explain it to them. My comps were all excited about that moment when we got out. And we also learned you need to just open your mouth when the Spirit prompts you. One comp. was talking and us other 2 felt like we should say a certain thing, but neither did. Mistake!
We do SYL or HSI 'speak your language' or 'habla su idioma' during meals. All 3 meals 3 days a week and all breakfasts. It's funny and difficult. The cool thing is that we can usually convey our meaning somehow. And when we leave and can speak in English, we're usually still thinking in Spanish.
I found a neat scripture in Luke 22:32. Read it together. The part I discovered was that Jesus Christ has prayed for us and continues to pray for us. That means so much now that I'm a missionary bearing His name. And then when we are converted (which must happen first and is why we have PMG) we must strengthen others.
My companions are great and we have fun. Sometimes we talk more than we've planned but it's great bonding. And it's so interesting to learn about other people. I have a few pictures from the Sunday walk to the Temple. They'll go to you today. But I don't have one with the map yet. I haven't forgotten about it. I'll work on it, hopefully today.
The Sunday fireside was also fabulous. Bro. & Sis. Olsen spoke. He's a Branch Pres. here at the MTC. She was nicknamed "Texas Tornado" when they presided over a mission there. And we could see why! She was so excited .... and it's hard to explain. But I really liked it. "Picture yourself as a Captain Moroni missionary" and she gave us a bunch of scripture references. Yes Dad, it's GROOVY being a missionary. I love it. This is such a cool experience. And I'm grateful to have it.
Thank you, thank you for all your love and support!! You're incredible. Oh, Mom could you send me a DearElder with some idea of what my blog says? People refer to it and I have no idea what is written.
No comments:
Post a Comment