Friday, September 18, 2009

17 September 2009

Family,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! The package was wonderful. Too much food since I get plenty here in the MTC. Just yesterday we were talking about how we feel like we eat so much. The day is bookmarked by eating. The rest of the time is spent studying and learning. But I'll for sure share it. There's no way I could eat it all. I'm only in my room from 6-6:30 and from 9:30 to 10:30. Both are times I really shouldn't eat junk food :)

ELDER HOLLAND WAS THE SPEAKER. Yes, yes, yes! It was totally incredible. He got us all fired up. I took lots of notes. My favorite ideas: * let the Lord make you what he wants you to be for the rest of your life * embrace the mission, don't waste a day or an hour * If it was hard for the Savior, it's gotta be a little hard for you * We are apostolic like him for this short time of our lives - we get to spend all day every day constantly striving to build the kingdom of God.

Try to find it on BYU channel online. It was so fabulous! And we were in the choir and sang "This is the Christ" (words by Pres. Faust) and had GREAT seats. It was such an incredible experience! Talk about a roller coaster day. Say goodbye to a companion, join the other 2 hermanas in a tri-panionship and then listen to an apostle of the Lord. He spoke with love and passion. It really was incredible and wonderful.

We're getting breakfast soon and I'm hungry. We're in a computer lab by our classrooms so it's quiet and there are plenty of computers. Much better than in the laundry room. Yes, we went to the temple. It was wonderful. Our whole district was in one endowment session. Today we plan to do initiatory.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. Life is great. I'm so glad I'm here. It's where I'm supposed to be. I probably won't send a letter to you today. Maybe to Chez since he sent me one. Which I loved!! It's funny how excited I get when I see the district leader handing out mail. I know I won't get something everyday (and don't need to) but I still get all excited. Funny brains.

Gotta get off so I don't lose this. Only minutes left. Love you all so much!!! Thank you for your love and support. You're incredible and wonderful.

Love,
Hermana Green

No comments: