Wednesday, January 20, 2010

19 January 2010 - Lluvia y mas lluvia

Hola Familia!

Como estan todos? Bien, espero. Yikes this keyboard needs the ability to put accent marks and upside down question marks. *sigh*
(Translation: How is everyone? Well, I hope)

The rain definitely came. Oh boy. We were so wet yesterday. Thank goodness for raincoats, heaters, and cars! Didn't use the umbrella since the wind was really blowing. Will next time :) The sad news: my bag is NOT waterproof. My early b-day wish may be new scriptures and a new bag. I'll try to dry off my scriptures today but they aren't looking so good at all : .. ( *sniff, sniff*

It was an eventful Monday. We taught five lessons and didn't give ourselves time to eat lunch or dinner. He he. Sometimes food gets forgotten in missionary work. Don't worry - we grabbed a bite along the way. And we're planning to get something warm and delicious today. Yum.

Sunday was incredible because we had Stake Conference and were addressed by Bishop Edgely, Sis. Matsumori, Elder Holland, and Pres. Uchtdorf. Yes! If only investigators could have been there... Diana went out of town and the Arango Family was sick. All the speakers mentioned/talked about the Plan of Salvation which I thought was fascinating. I understood okay but would've liked to understand better by listening in English. Oh well. I felt at home in the RS room with my ward members. Sometimes I focused in and tried to understand the English you could just barely hear under the Spanish translation. But it was actually easier to listen to the Spanish.

Our investigators are doing well. Especially Bianca and Mari (Familia Arango). Bianca should be baptized in Feb. Little children are amazing! So humble and quick to believe. Mari is well-prepared but needs to get work off on Sundays. We're having trouble finding a few other investigators (ah!) but we've found some promising new people. We were not Jericho's Warriors this past week. But we definitely will be this week that we are in. It's the last one of the transfer! Wow, my 2nd transfer is nearly over. I'll find out on Sat. if I'm changing. I have an inkling I will; it's sad and exciting.

We had a great time at the thrift store. Bought 2 button-up shirts (my companion gets away with slightly wrinkled ones so why can't I?) and a skirt/jacket combo. I don't like the jacket but the skirt is pretty good. And it was $7.75. I'll take pictures of me in the outfits :) Yes, Kristie's price and haircuts rock. Wish she could move into my area for a day to give me a hair cut!

The members are fabulous. They just love to take care of us and feed us too much food. Sunday night we had riquisimo (very rich and delicious is the translation I guess) rice and steak and salad and peaches and guava for dessert. It was delicious. We also had white bread toast. Oh man. They could've just given me that and I would've been SO happy. Funny the little things you miss! (we don't have a toaster.) Then last night a member came around with us and helped in a lesson. She's fabulous and so willing to help us in lessons. She told the investigator how she loves going out with the sisters because she feels so good and peaceful. Yes!

Well, I think that is about everything this week. The work is going well and we're all ready to work hard again this week. I love you so much and thanks for all the love and support!!!

Love,
Hermana Green

No comments: