Hello wonderful family!
Welcome to 2010. My full year as a missionary for the Lord. Woo hoo! And yes, we "slept" it in instead of "ringing" it in. Here's what we did New Year's Eve - return to our house by 6:30 pm (instead of 9 pm) and plan for the week (instead of doing it Friday morning). We moved our little coffee table into the bedroom where it was a little quieter (upstairs neighbors were having a party) and got to work. It was the quickest weekly planning because we were tired and had to stop in time to finish up nightly things and go to bed. We had talked about waking up just before midnight . . . but we didn't want to. I woke up once or twice in the night due to neighbor noises from music and such.
So that was our New Year's Eve :)
It's been nice and warm the past few days. Mwa ha ha. In the 70's. And it's January! We experienced all the seasons in just one moment yesterday, green grass with crunchy leaves from a barren tree under a sunny sky with a cool wind blowing.
One more tidbit - our church start time changed from 9 am to 11 am so it is much harder to get piano players there for Sacrament meeting. Any guess on who was asked to play the hymns 3 minutes before start time? No idea? I'll give you a clue - she knows how to play the hymns, has no time to practice, and doesn't love accompanying people but is willing. Yep! I played the 3 hymns for Sacrament meeting. Top hand only, thank you very much. Didn't even know the tune of one of them. And apparently it's going to fall on me a lot from now on. Bishop said 2 things 1) they'll order a simplified hymns book as soon as possible 2) practice as much as I can. Hurray!
Exciting news for this week -- Hermana Talbot and I were truly humbled. We were holding ourselves back, and by extension our investigators. So Monday morning we decided we would be extending baptismal invitations to lots of people (everyone). And that's just what we did! We extended 5 baptismal dates in 5 lessons - and 5 investigators accepted. Woo hoo!!! All the former missionaries can really understand how exciting that is. It's sweet. Mari, Bianca (from Arango family), Lorena, Diana, and Josefina. Mari is the mother of 8-year-old Bianca who we taught for the first time. Lorena and Josefina have been investigators before with other missionaries and we found them again and had taught them 2 or 3 times. We taught Diana for the first time, she was a referral from the Assistants after they taught her and she said she'd be more comfortable learning in Spanish.
Wow! Yesterday was sort of intense. Last night I said I was having a hard time digesting everything. Hna Talbot told me to get some more fiber (he he). Then I clarified it was mental trouble. Any suggestions on mental fiber? ;)
I found this great scripture today that I wanted to share. Mosiah 27:36
"And thus they were instruments in the hands of God in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, to the knowledge of their Redeemer."
That's what I'm out here doing full time and it really is incredible! And I know all of you can be involved in this great work, too. Member missionaries are so important and needed.
Time's almost up. The gospel is true! Keep sharing it.
Love you,
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment