Monday, January 11, 2010

29 December 2009 - Well, hello again!

Hi Family

It is kind of funny to e-mail after having talked to you so recently. And it seems I shouldn't have much to say....but I still do :)

The Christmas week was great! But it was harder to find people to help and teach. We'll keep working hard and praying hard. Mission life is tough because you see how inadequate you are and you really want to be great so you can help more people and be a better instrument in the hands of God. But I continue working to improve every day!

So Christmas dinner was spent at Hermana Lourdes' home with another ward member, Hna Teresa Ramirez, and Hna Lourdes' husband and his mother. We did not help them cook. We arrived and the food was ready to go! It was delicious and not too much. Yes, we were at their house for Thanksgiving too.

Then later that night we went to a part member, less-active, investigator family/house. (craziness there! Will probably have to be fully explained when I'm back with you in person.) They fed us food as well.

We had a white elephant gift exchange with the district last week. It was entertaining and fun. I'll send those pictures to you soon.

I loved the family Christmas card! It's funny to think I'll be the floating person in next year's card.

My mission president will finish his mission soon :( They will go home in July of 2010. So I will get a new president! Pres. and Sis. Brady gave us California Carlsbad t-shirts for Christmas - sweet! And a new Book of Mormon with a sweet challenge - read it all again in 75 days marking specified aspects. Yikes. It's going to be great.

I highly doubt we will be welcoming in the new year at midnight. Since we will have to be up and working the next morning at the same time. I wonder how many people will want to have lessons that next morning? :)

Here's a funny moment: when we were stopped at a red light I looked over and saw a little green bow on the sidewalk. My thoughts
--If I weren't a missionary I would hop out of the car and get that cute little bow.
--If I weren't a missionary I wouldn't even want that bow!
And so it goes. Funny ironies of missionary life. Hna Talbot and I are living it up! And we'll work on finishing our doors poem today. he he. We even have pictures to go along with it.

I love you all so much! Thanks for your love and support. I'm thinking the next things I will request are homemade goodies. But not yet please, we still have so much food.

Oh! I had an abnormal day the day after Christmas - Hna Talbot was sick so spent the morning sleeping. I continued with the regular schedule but it sure was strange not to have a companion over there doing the same thing! We left the house around 2:30 and went to work. She's fine now. Her body just needed rest, as Sis. Brady scolded her.

I love you! I love being a missionary and being involved in such a great work. I was challenged to memorize and internalize D&C 4 and I'd encourage all of you to study that section again. It has so much we can learn! Oh, and Happy New Year!

Love,
Hermana Green

No comments: