Hello Family!
I hope all is still wonderful. Thank you for the great updates. You are fabulous and I'm very grateful to you. First of all, neither Hna Pechin nor I are being transferred today. More time to make this area "rockin'!" It's pretty great. We continue working with many of the same investigators. We haven't taught as much as we like, but we'll keep working. We did find and teach a promising investigator on Friday. Idali. We will teach her again tomorrow so we shall see. We've also run into more sincere people in the last few days which is so great! Love it when they truly listen and seem interested. This is the best thing they'll ever encounter.
We actually ran into a Vietnamese man two days in a row in the area we work a lot in. It made my heart glad to hear such an accent. *sigh* Then we were mimicking the accent of Asians speaking English and Hna Pechin says I'm pretty good. Maybe because I spent a year around them! He he. But something really wonderful when we meet Asian speakers is that we can tell them to call to receive the Book of Mormon for free AND it is in their language. We love how their faces light up when we share that last little bit. It's so amazing!
As for the "hubcaps" bit in the subject line..... I confess: we currently analyze and examine hubcaps. Frequently. It's funny how when you have to take care of things you get particular about them! The senior missionary in charge of cars (first one and current one) were really big on keeping the hubcaps looking nice. So each time we wash the car we get to scrub the hubcaps. And I know I want hubcaps that look nice but are easy to clean - nothing fancy with a ton of spokes! HA HA. I thought you would get a kick out of that little detail.
So. The missionary activity went well. There were only about 20 members there which was too bad. We'll have to do better advertising and inviting the next time around. I really do love the ward here. Hna Arroyo brought us a big tray of turkey with chili sauce and mashed potatoes on Sunday. I was SO excited about the potatoes. Haven't had them the entire time of my mission! And we just have plenty of food. An awesome thing about their culture: they send you out the door with water and a piece of fruit. Yum! Hna Pechin and I are both thinking about adopting that practice when we have homes of our own.
What else, what else. We had another good lesson with Jorge. Today we will hopefully talk specifically about the Word of Wisdom and help him see the incredible blessings. And we had another lesson with Lucia and her mom. They are still talking about the wedding in May (Yes Mum, it is a HUGE problem in this culture. They either don't marry or do it through the Catholic church which isn't according to the law either) Us sneaky little missionaries mentioned it to Hna Arroyo who is related to Lucia so now she is on board to help them plan and all that. Bwa ha ha. We're geniuses. Hna Arroyo is a "get it done" kind of woman.
I still don't know about the Arango family and if they are baptized. I asked them and Hna Davis in my latest letters. We shall see! I can't do anything else to find out :(
I'll have to get back to you on Shantaye's talk. Not so sure what advice I have. We just need to have a love for learning and keep that all our lives - prophets have spoken of that.
DAD - that nail story is intense. My feet had sympathy pain for you. I hope you arrive home safely soon. And can rest and recover. Take care of yourself!
The go bag is something we can grab and take with us when there is a large natural disaster. It is basically a 72-hour kit.
THANK YOU for the fabulous package family. I did receive it this week. And it made me very happy. The first-aid kit is a crack up. I feel they have smaller ones in the bandaid aisle. I'll take a look today. Everything else is super fabulous. I'm excited to share some with Hna Pechin.
And I'll be sending a few things home today - part of my effort to simplify my life :) Also, I'll send home the wonderful gift from the Arangos. It is great but I don't want to carry it all around with me.
We had fun at the "thrift store". We are definitely in Orange County! It was the most upscale thrift store we have ever seen. And it is actually called a "discovery shop". Ha ha. We walked out happy - each of us holding a mug in our hand. Yeah for Abuelita hot chocolate! It is delicious. And with pan dulce (translation = sweet bread).
Well yeah. I hope everyone is well. I am great. It is so amazing to be a servant of the Lord and learn to love His children as He does. And help them learn about Him and be happier. Another amazing thing - reading in the Book of Mormon a little bit each day really does impvrove our lives in every way. That's what we keep telling people; because it is true.
I love you all and am grateful for your support! Keep praying and watching for little missionary opportunities.
Love,
Hna Green
No comments:
Post a Comment