Hola Familia!
Yeah, that's right. We had an earthquake! Pretty sweet, actually. Here's how it went down:
Stopped at the stoplight on our way to an investigator's home after conference. Suddenly I feel the car shaking and I'm pretty confused. I ignore it, but it continues. Looking around and in my mirror trying to find a source - nothing. I ask Hna Pechin and her best guess: it feels like someone is shaking our car. I look in the rearview mirror again, but all seems normal and there is a car behind me. It continues getting stronger and we both finally get it = an earthquake! It was so cool. We were pretty stoked. Then I looked and saw that the streetlight was bouncing away. And the light turned green. I was hesitant but everyone else was going on as if nothing. We pulled over into a parking lot, because Hna Pechin was a little nervous there would be a bigger quake after. I was just really excited. We called our district leader to ask if he felt it and left a message. At the end we remembered to tell him that we were fine :) (He's the only person we can call, ya know). And our analysis later totally cracked us up. When we decided an outside force was shaking our car, both our thoughts jumped to super hero villains fighting and climbing on cars. So we experienced an earthquake and before we thought of the true source of the commotion our minds jumped to fairy tales. Ha ha!
Anyway. Conference was so wonderful!! I loved how relaxed Pres. Monson was during his opening remarks. And it was so neat to hear the statistics and be part of the great missionary force for the church. Yes! Sadly, we did not have any investigators join us. One watched it on his television at home. Our ward took care of us in a wonderful way on Sunday - they brought a bunch of food and we had a huge meal between sessions. It was delicious and we totally stuffed ourselves (perfect because we had no money and very little food at the end of this month. Today will be fun now we have money again). Oh yum. We took a picture of the group too :)
The cold is nearly gone. Still blowing my nose a little. It changed up our schedule a fair amount on Wed. - I went back to bed after trying to push through like normal for a few hours. Then we went out for two hours and I came back exhausted so went back to bed. Took a nap the next two days then we were good. Not fun! Hna Pechin worked on her pictures for the plan of salvation which made her really happy :) Today we'll clean and disinfect.
We had interviews with Pres. Brady on Thurs. which was great. He thanked me for my efforts and for being a solution to problems instead of a challenge - with how things worked out I'm essentially training. It was surprising to me and nice to hear. I asked and received a blessing from him which was good.
Our investigators are doing well. We still have much work to do. We've been working lately to better convey the Apostasy and the importance of the authority - so many people have already been baptized and aren't catching why they need to be baptized again. Actually, today we really talked about it and we'll see how it goes. We had a sad moment when a young girl who really wanted to learn and had already connected with us told us her mother didn't want her learning with us. She was nearly crying as we walkeda away. She said she'll keep reading in the Book of Mormon. And she has a friend on a mission in Chile so she has someone to answer her questions. She did ask us a good one before we parted: "How can you know for sure?" What a moment to testify. And we explained prayer so she can know for herself.
We got things figured out with the areas. There has been some confusion in the boundaries in this area of Mission Viejo lately. The sisters were definitely from our mission, I can't imagine if they were from a different mission. It's bad enough to go outside of your area, but outside of your mission. Ah! What a thought. The part is still in our area - the other sisters are covering different areas, I guess. Not really sure.
Sounds like the family has lots going on like normal and some fun travel plans. I would love to join you for all of them - but that will wait. Enjoy yourselves and take some good pictures so you can share the stories with me later! How am I at less than a year left? I missed that. But I also haven't been keeping track closely.
Oh, I received my Easter package Friday and we had a wonderful little celebration Sunday morning. Thank you so much, Mom and family! It was perfect. Little and just great. And I'm SO glad you sent something for my companion - always essential. Feel free to send even more for her. (I actually struck on the genius idea of giving her one of my scarves. She loves it and is wearing it today :) We also hid a few chocolate eggs and found them. Ba ha ha. Love it.
I love you all very much! Thank you for all the love and support. I've received quite a few letters and cards lately and it has been fabulous.
Dad - could you send a postcard to Hna Pechin? I think she'd like it lots.
Mom - could you work on that grab bag quickly? :) Now that we've felt an earthquake it seems even more important! Thanks SO much. And I would LOVE another conference edition Ensign as soon as they are available. That was genius last fall.
Love you, take care, read your sciptures, say your prayers, and share your testimonies!
Love,
Hermana Green
PS Yesterday we took a little trip to Laguna Beach - it's in our area!! It was intense.
No comments:
Post a Comment