Tuesday, April 27, 2010

27 April 2010 - 10 dollars? A nickel!!!

Hi family,

Thank you for the wonderful e-mails and updates. I love you all. And Happy Birthday, Mom!! Hope it's a fun day. I love you lots. Hna Pechin and I cracked up about the b-day card. :D

So sad about the snow globe - the gift from the Arango's. I don't know if I want to tell them about it or not......... It survived the trip from Oceanside to Mission Viejo just fine - strange. SUPER exciting news: I received a letter from Mari/Mary on Wed at District meeting. They were BAPTIZED!! 13th of April. She sent a program as evidence. I was so excited. Hna Pechin got a great picture of my excited face :) And Hna Talbot was able to go. :) for her :(for me. But we have already told her we will do all we have to in order to be with her when she goes to the temple in a year or so. I'm so excited for that!! So, although it wasn't "my" baptism and I wasn't there, I feel I had a good hand in it.

That is the exciting news for the week. Things are still going well. 2 individuals with baptismal dates: Hno Jorge Octamendez and Hna Ana Magana (the missionary handbook says to call them bro. and sis. with their last names so that has been our goal in this week. It's really hard!)

Hna Magana sells food out of her home so is a HUGE part of the neighborhood (good food too). And we are really excited for her to convert. :) Then she'll bring half her customers to church. ha ha. So we have a lot of work to do but we have so much hope and faith. And yesterday we taught her nephew who lives there who read part of the Book of Mormon even before we started teaching him. We realized last night we first got to know him the night we went to Hna Magana's for dinner. I couldn't explain it but felt like we should. And so we did and it was delicious, but didn't seem to make sense. We weren't even able to teach her. Lord works in curious, little ways!! (Hna Magana's niece Diana is a recent convert, less active member and we're teaching her mom and sister who live close by. And they let us help prep cactus for cooking then we went over later and ate it for dinner. So fun!)

We had a good lesson with Hno Octamendez with two members last week. He's doing pretty well. Didn't come to church because he slept in :( We had an FHE set up last night but he didn't come. Yikes. We will keep working hard. Could you please pray for him as a family? That would help so much. {Maybe even in your daily family prayers?}

Actually, the leaders of the church have said if we return home having been converted ourselves, then it was a successful mission. Pretty interesting.

So the funny story that goes with the subject line: One day we found a 10-dollar bill in the street. Hna Pechin picked it up and was ready to walk on. I wasn't comfortable with that and had to express how I felt, but told her it was her decision. She ended up not taking it. But she felt like it was there for her (she's been promised she'll always have enough and she didn't have money that week. Also, she has had other cool experiences of having just enough). Then the next day I found a nickel on the ground and got really excited. She laughed and just could not understand that. Can you understand my reasoning? Don't really have time to explain it all. Ah well. So that's another funny story from my life.

Things are going well. I am a little bit sick again and went through a whole little box of tissues this past week :( Never fully got over the sickness from a month ago. This Friday is our Zone Conference which is super exciting! Yeah for training.

I am excited that you will have a visitor from Germany. (Thank you for explaining who she is. I remember Johannes well.) You're right - don't preach but show her the blessings of the gospel. And share your testimony in little ways. It will plant and nurture the seed that might not sprout for a little longer.

SHANTAYE - way to go on your first Sacrament meeting talk!! I'm impressed. I remember I gave my first one just a few weeks after joining the YW program. I was really nervous, too. I love you!!

CHEZ - I miss laughing with you. It's great to hear you are busy doing good things, like soccer. Keep at it! The endurance you develop now will help you on your mission :) And good luck in driver's ed. That's fun! I have had to do so much parallel parking lately --- get good at it b/c you never know. Luckily, Hna Pechin is a pro and helps me lots.

DAD - Hna Pechin really is excited to meet you and Mom and be your friends. She thought the picture was awesome. Thanks for sending it. (We still haven't seen any postcards from you.)

I love you all so much and my time is nearly up. This gospel is true and it is really amazing! Please keep doing the little things so your knowledge is stronger and firmer. And remember to look for and appreciate all the little blessings that come from the Lord.

Love,
Hna Green

No comments: