Monday, September 13, 2010

17 August 2010

Hola, hola!

How is everyone's Spanish doing? Great, I hope. Yep, Dad's idea is GENIUS for JJ and I to play in Mexico together for a bit. It would be so fun! And a great crash course to show me how little Spanish I know :) I've accepted that I know lots of gospel terms for southern Cali Mexican Spanish. (phew, that is a mouthful.) It made my heart sing to see the Spanish info on Mum's e-mail. Yeah!!

I hope you are soaking up the sun! It has been hot here the past few days. Phew. Sucks out your energy quick. But on we go. We had a fun little visit in one area where the opposition was just really strong. It was interesting. But we walked out grateful that Heavenly Father would give us opportunities to strengthen ourselves by being challenged. And openly too. One gentleman said we are brainwashed and trained and it can be proven that The Book of Mormon is false, etc. The great part was that we walked away and began sharing bits of our testimonies with each other. We know it is the truth and that is why we are here! That's all ...and that's everything.

Today I realized that the Brethren talk of how we will experience the most joy that we've experienced so far in our lives as we serve as missionaries -- and thus we have to experience quite a bit of sadness! I've felt the sadness lately as many people have rejected. *sigh* But I know my responsibility is to help them make a clear choice and I know I have many ways to improve so they can better feel the Spirit and want the joys that are found within the gospel path. So I am working to have more hope. It's an essential characteristic. Yesterday a member came with us for a bit and we didn't have much success. As she exited our car she said that even though many people say they don't have time, we shouldn't give up/lose our drive/etc. JJ you translate it: no se desaniman. (Some things are just better in Spanish!!)

Our investigators are doing well but not moving too quickly, but they are moving and many do have the desire to understand and know. The couple fed us in this past week...yum. And they were at church again :D We visit them again tomorrow. Hna Z does not yet have a testimony of the truthfulness of the restored gospel so we will work on that in this week. She loves church and The Book of Mormon as she increases her understanding of the Savior Jesus Christ.

I was blessed to help the ward have piano accompaniment (sp? that's my 4th try and I win! the new e-mail program has spell check. How wonderful.) during Sacrament meeting. It went pretty well. And I've definitely decided to do some more serious practice when I return home.

Well, family I know you are all out playing in the sun and getting to know the people who became close to JJ's heart while he served them. I love you all very much and am grateful for your support and prayers. We are SO blessed to know the truth of the gospel! This is the only church guided by God and Jesus Christ. I know The Book of Mormon is the word of God. And I know that He can use us as His instruments to help His other children. The gift of the Holy Ghost is something incredible that many of us don't fully understand or take advantage of. We have the promise of a member of the Godhead to be with us always! Keep doin' your bestest and sharing the light you have.

I love you all!!
Love,
Hermana Green


PS District activity was fun. Tossed the frisbee then played a little Phase 10. I got rid of the other ice cream sandwiches (elders are my garbage disposals now that I don't have brothers around.)

And Aub sent me a great birthday package. She is pretty awesome!!

No comments: