Hello Family!
It seems to me that you are all basking in a glorious vacation under the hot Mexican sun. How exciting. I hope you are having great experiences. And I'm confident I can re-live it all through all the pictures Dad is taking :D I am doing well. Learning and growing. This week I'm working on being more patient. One line from the attribute activity in Preach My Gospel (see ch 6) struck me: I am patient and long-suffering with the challenges of being a missionary. ...sometimes not so true of me. And so on I go in doing the Lord's work in His way. I'm so grateful for all your love and support!
Hna Z is doing well. We had a lesson with her and her husband on Sunday night which made her SO happy. He is not religious, but is comfortable with us. The amazing thing is that he is the one that invited us into the house to visit with her back when Hna Pechin and I were companions. And she says he never does things like that! The Lord works in mysterious ways. She continues trying to mother us - making sure we eat and such. And offering all kinds of help. The other day she talked about how she has no babies now....so maybe that is partly why she is mothering us.
So many people say they admire us for what we are doing. And that is great, and I am grateful they can see devoted followers of the Savior. But even more than them telling of their admiration I want them to learn and act and find the joy of the gospel!! That is what this life is all about.
Actually, in this week I am continually seeing how important the family is. The church does everything to support the family. Pres. Packer's last conference talk was very direct about that. And the power of the priesthood. So cool. Yeah for Chez getting ready to be a priest! Woo hoo. So he could baptize someone now? Wow. Time moves quickly.
Speaking of baptisms...no one is online for it before the transfer ends :( We moved Hno Hernandez's back some weeks. And we haven't seen Hna Yule Magana really. I love her so much and wish she would act according to the knowledge she has! It is hard to love people so much and not be able to do anything more to help them help themselves. But we have a new couple that is very promising - Hno Pacheco and Hna Nunez. It is incredible to testify to them of how the gospel will really heal their lives and help them move forth with confidence and happiness. They attended the newly started English class on Thursday and church on Sunday. Hurray! They geniunely want to know and understand and they are showing it in their actions - so super refreshing. Sometimes we feel unworthy to help such great people.
Little tidbits of news are that Hna Goff made enchiladas last P-day and they were very tasty. And I remembered to actually relax and enjoy the day :) PS Dad I do like the smell of roses. And I have stopped and smelled some in the yards of unknown people.
That's about all I have coming to my mind right about now. OH! We went and bought mint ice cream sandwiches the other day with some "fun money" from Dad. THANKS! We were craving it and Hna Goff wasn't feeling super well so I decided we'd just go and buy it to hopefully help her to feel better and be a little happier. Today we will have a district activity which should be fun.
I hope all is well with the family vacation! I'm excited you are seeing where JJ lived and knowing the people he loved and served. I hope to hear a few details next week.
Love ya, love ya!
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment