24 August 2010
Hola Familia!
So great to hear that you had a FABULOUS vacation and that you are safely and happily home and running to get back into new Fall schedules. The weather here has still been extremely hot. Ugh. But we have generous water-givers all around. And big trees where we sometimes hide for a few seconds. It motivates us even more to be teaching lessons because then we are in houses! Although many don't have A/C.
Well, well. Are you on pins and needles. My little fingers are flying. I have too much energy and stress in my body at the moment! Are you ready yet? Yeah? Ok. I'll let you know what is happening with me in a few short hours.
First, re-read the subject line. Yep. Who calls missionaries at 7:50 am ? No one really. And on a Monday morning just before transfer calls? JJ might be getting a small clue now. And if you look at the ID screen and read your mission president's name? Yeah. Scariness and stress. (PS I have this written really well in story form in my journal. I'm excited to share it with you later...like next year when I'm home :) You are wishing he will ask for your companion as soon as you answer. He doesn't.
Drumroll
I AM A TRAINER!
Yeah. Pres. Cook said: "Sis. Green, would you be a trainer for me?" I thought a second and said the immediate response: "Yes."
Then he proceeds to tell me it won't be an elder and it will be a Spanish sister (very essential clarifications). And then he says it will be difficult. He even says it will be extremely difficult. "Oh yes! I am getting so happily excited right now, President! Care to clarify?"
The difficulty? I am whitewashing. Yeah. That means I am opening a brand new area. Gah! My vocal response during the call? "Always?!" Because I have never gone into an area that was already covered by sisters. Yikes. It takes a lot of hard foot work to open a new area. We shall see....we shall see.
He gave me specific instructions on how I have to work hard ALL NIGHT tonight to help my new companion/trainee/greenie have a good first night in the mission. And that is hard because I know nothing about the area!
Phew. I feel a little better getting it all out. My time is almost up. But this is the biggest news I might ever have to share, so..
He said he is grateful and he is counting on me. :D As I know Heavenly Father is. Big weight on my shoulders? YES.
I know it will be a great experience and I am really excited. I also know that I said yes only because I am trusting in Heavenly Father to help me be what He needs to be. This will likely not be an easy experience. I'd take a few extra prayers from all of you :)
And so Sunday and Monday were spent in taking leave of myself of others (sounds so much more logical in Spanish, eh JJ?) and snapping photos. I have some good ones :D
Many people expressed sadness. Even people I wouldn't have expected. I just hope my ultimate moments of testimony were more completely carried to their hearts and possibly accepted as they were my final words.
But we all know I'll be back :) With all of you. I've already promised it to a few people.
And so it is time for me to run. We have errands to do and have to meet our ride to Carlsbad in about 2 1/2 hours. Yuck. I have lots of packing to do.
Life is well! I am excited for the change. Thanks for the letter, Dad. Hna Goff needs to buy a new iron today so the $10 is perfect to help her.
Love you, love you! This is the true church and God directs our lives. If we are humble and obedient, we can do amazing things.
Love,
Hermana Green
PS Good luck in all you are doing! Sorry I don't have more time to talk about investigators.
No comments:
Post a Comment