Thursday, October 15, 2009

15 October 2009 - Well, well. So much to say this fine morning

Hello wonderful family!

Thanks for all your love and support. It's a nice, fresh morning here in Provo. I love the weather after rain. It was only so-so yesterday with rain because we got to host the new missionaries. That was so fun!! I helped 2 sisters who were both cute and fun. One is heading to Nashville Tennessee and the other to Fresno, CA. Both will learn Spanish here. I want to write little notes of encouragement...we'll see if I have time.Thank you Mom for the FABULOUS package and letters. And thanks JJ for the DearElder. It works so well! I get it the same evening as you write it.

So the package was totally like Christmas. Wow, Mom. You did do lots of shopping. I loved most of it. The orange and white combo was cute but the white shirt is too big. I felt like I was playing dress up. And so I'll send both those home. Maybe keep the orange one for after the mish. It's pretty cute. I LOVED the purple one. My roommate said it looks great on me. The tank was perfect and so was the long-sleeve shirt. you're a genius!

Relief Society was WONDERFUL on Sunday. Loved it so much!! Sis. Martha Johnson, member of RS general board. spoke to us. She used a metaphor with Sarah Hughes and even showed us pictures and a video clip. It was so cool! Remember that ice skater from 2002 Olympics? If not, go use that fabulous tool (Google) that you have access to and i miss. :) And the big question she posed for us was: How do I want to feel when I skate off the ice of my mission? And of the ice of my life? Another fabulous thing was that we went and talked to her afterward. I asked the question that was burning my tongue: was it a surprise when you received this call? She said shocking then told us the story. I wrote it down as soon as I could and think I got it pretty much word for word. Loved hearing about it. I'll probably write it in a letter and send it to you.

We have a new language study plan as taught to us by a different teacher in our zone. We had all been struggling with them. Then he came in and showed us the light. It was so good. Now, we study new Spanish phrases for the lesson we'll teach in the TRC for 15 minutes. Then we do an activity and practice speaking for 40 minutes. It's amazing how it works! We can pretty much teach Lección dos after 2 hours of language study. Woo hoo!

On Sunday, I received a new responsibility (a calling but my calling is missionary so they are just responsibilities now) as the coordinating sister. I thought it might be interesting before then once I became it I decided I was totally happy with Hna Sargent doing it. Oh well. I've definitely done harder things (YW pres in Taiwan!). So I'm getting to know the 5 sisters more. They're cute and fun. I'll try to get a picture with them sometime. Probably Sunday during the temple walk.

Our TRC lesson went pretty well this week. in the first part (called the task) we went shopping for clothes and asked about religion then set up an appointment. The shopping was pretty fun. Some high prices but we used our credit cards (and joked they were "de mi padre" or "my dad's". ha ha) We weren't as unified as a companionship this time teaching which was kind of sad. but we got our message across. A few minutes in I started getting so excited and had so many questions to ask the "invest." Joanna. The gift of tongues = I was able to convey the questions in my head. So i thought the lesson was great. I wasn't talking a ton, but asking questions. And Joanna asked a great question: how does B o M bless your life? So we got to testify and tell her. By the way, she was a Jew.

THANK YOU for the letters, again. I felt so much better! It's funny to know you are supporting me totally, yet I'm not receiving mail. And it's interesting how I received a fair amount at the beginning but halfway through nothing. I'm surprised since I've sent quite a few letters to friends (Mom, you could chastise my buddies on my blog ;) O.K. friends consider yourself chastised.

Yes, 2,104 was the total amount of missionaries in the MTC during Gen Conf. I don't know if that included the senior couples. maybe not. And my classroom isn't that big so the back isn't terrible. Our desks are in pairs (naturally) and I'm in the 4th row back.

MTC is great, my tripanionship is great. We are so blessed to have each other and not have problems! BFF = best friend forever. Hna Sargent says it often. Yes, the little red book is my Spanish grammar/phrases. Maybe I'll take a pic with it. Cap'n Crispies are fabulous! i'm thinking you just make normal rice krispies and use the different cereal. I bet Mom could figure it out. I think you would like them.

Wow. I had a long list today but I think I got all of it. I love you all so much! Being a missionary is fabulous, wonderful, exhilarating, difficult, tiring, and the best! And Mom's right - sister missionaries do rock. It's just the way it is :D Can't think of anything else but have 2 mins left....ok, bye!

Love,
Hermana Green

1 comment:

Chad and Lacy Johnson said...

Um, so Connnie Jo if you could please ask her if she got my letter, I did send her one the other day! ;)