Thursday, October 29, 2009

29 October 2009 - Da dum . . . Da dum . . .

Hi family!
I just pushed a bad key on the keyboard and erased my message to you. Serious bummer. Life is great and this has to be a faster e-mail. Only have half my time left. It's really too bad I did that.
So! yes I leave the MTC soon. And a whole list of adjectives could describe how I feel. Mostly it's excited. I've had a great experience here and love it but am ready to get out.
Since Monday we've been in "teaching week" mode with less classes and lots of time to teach people. It has been so helpful and we've learned a lot! A great transition right before we enter the MTC field. We've taught about 10 lessons so far.
Other highlights. Sis. Matsumori (second counselor in Primary gen pres.) spoke to us in RS. It was great and she's really cute. Talked about how we can help the primaries where we serve. Last week was Sis. Lifferth = first counselor in Primary gen pres. Silly mom! You have lds.org you know.
Then the Tuesday devotional. We were hoping for an apostle (or the prophet) in our last Devo at the MTC. We did choir practice before and were distracted by the preparations. We decided it would be a tall person. Then we went to dinner and ate fast. We returned and still didn't know who would speak. The door opens and in walks.....Elder L. Tom Perry. yes! We were very excited. A fabulous going-away present. It was so neat to hear from an apostle and see again how they really put us missionaries at the same level as them. We're all involved in building the kingdom all day, every day.
Some things learned: his wife read D&C 135:3. John Taylor's tribute to Jospeh Smith. I was like 'wow'. And then I thought "what will be said of me at the end? the end of the mission and the end of life?" Something to think about for sure. Elder Perry taught about our teaching responsibility and discussed Elder Holland's 5 things for a good teacher. No time to write them all, sorry. Every Tuesday after the Devo, we have a "district devo review" where we share thoughts and testimonies. It's always neat. Pres. and Sis. Estes joined us this last time and that was neat.
Oh and the Sunday fireside was neat too. Bro & Sis Thomas spoke. He talked about the modern-day proofs and knowledge related to the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. It was very intellectual and neat. Some people didn't get it. I think I got most of it and would've loved to listen for a few more hours. :)
Some wonderful things I've learned in studies this week:
Nephi 4:19 I do know in whom I've put my trust and it makes everything so much easier and better.
1 John 4:18 no fear in loveE. Holland: If listen with love, won't have to wonder what to say.
Pres. McKay: True Christianity is love in action.
So it is strange to be leaving this phase of the mission, but it's wonderful too! Thank you all for your love and support. Here's a few blips in answer to questions/comments.
On Sunday night we watch church movies (Joseph Smith one, legacy, testaments) or old devotionals.
do actually miss picking up leaves! Funny how that works. Hna Sargent loves the leaves since she's from Arizona and doesn't have them. She even sent one home to her family.
Thanks for the update on Patrice and the baby. I'm praying for them. Good that Shantaye is finally feeling better! How about the rest of the family? Is it really H1N1 for them? Hope not.Yes, I sent a thank you to Lhing and Khanh. And they sent me a cute Halloween card. yeah!
Thanks for sending off my box mom. I did buy a second journal. Any idea where it is? I'm guessing top drawer of tall dresser. And I have great news: there's a thing called scoots where I can send a package to a UPS store at Ft. Union Blvd. then they will call you to come pick it up. You'll have to pay the $6 but I can do any size and weight! yes, yes. i like this. so expect that maybe Mon or Tues.
No more time. I lvoe you so much family! I'll try to send off pictures. We'll see. haven't printed yet.
Love,
Hna Green

No comments: