Hi family,
It's so good to hear from you and know that you are still there. I didn't receive letters this week, so I was a little uncertain ;) But I figured everyone was fine. I guess being in the MTC for 5 weeks means people have started to forget about writing me letters. Triste día (sad day). It's all good. Thanks for the e-mail from JJ. I enjoyed imagining the elders running from room to room in the middle of conference.
I made a list of things to share this week. Hopefully that will help me. Here we go.
So you received a picture or two, good. Hope you enjoyed them thoroughly. I laughed.
I'm halfway done! Isn't it crazy? it is for me. But I can understand how i'll be ready to leave the fabulous MTC after 8 weeks. I'm sick of the food. Mom, you make fab food - thank you! And I'm just getting excited to go out and help real investigators. It's hard here since people have to pretend. We've (companionship) decided to just teach missionaries as themselves. Then we can actually try to meet their needs and help them.
We did SYL/HSI last Friday for the first time. It went pretty well. It slowed down at the end of the day. And we did it again yesterday. That one was quite good. But we gave a tour to 5 new hermanas (who are in our zone. yea!) so had to speak in English. It's cool and difficult to speak in Spanish all day. Hna D said: I think in English but speak in Spanish. We're excited for the day when we'll think and speak in Spanish. Does JJ feel like he's there, yet? Hopefully...
So we taught at the TRC on Tues, like normal. But this time the whole thing was in....Spanish! Yeah, tough. We have so many thoughts we want to get out but are so limited because we don't know much of the language. My BFF (red book with Spanish phrases, vocab, grammar) has limitations :( But it went well. I'd say: !Buenisimo! (ie awesome).
We have great elders that are very protective of us. Sometimes the way the talk about it is so funny. They tell us often if any elder is bothering us, they'll take care of it. And we're certain they will :)
Funny Elder Sellers - you received a picture of him, right? Well, he's family sends lots of packages with good food. This past week we received Texas Roadhouse rolls with cinammon butter. Yum! We ate them at the end of the day. And two days ago, he received 'cap'n crunch krispies' = rice krispies with cap'n crunch cereal. His dad makes them and us hermanas had never even heard of them so he asked for them. They were tasty!
Conference was so great! We really felt like each session was 30 minutes long. Sad. It went SO fast. I recieved some ideas/inspiration during E.Scott's talk which was neat. And I think the Sun AM session was the best one for me. I loved hearing this in the closing prayer: thank you for the testimony we have received in our hearts.' So true, right? A neat fact: they put all 2,104 missionaries in the gym to watch conference. That's a lot! And I heard that there are 5,200 missionaries serving right now. I'm one of those! That thought still pops into my head sometimes and surprises me.
We taught at the TE Monday morning for the first time in Spanish (it was to practice before the TRC) and something funny happened. 'Juan' our investigator fell asleep. But, the teacher actually fell asleep. We totally laughed afterward. Imagine - first time teaching in your mission language and the investigator falls asleep. Ha ha ha!
We changed our seats in the classroom and now I sit in the back. it's alright. Our fireside on Sunday was great. It was after conference so we had all been taking tons of notes and heard lots of talks. Hence the Breinholts (in MTC presidency and the wife is SO happy. I love her) decided to do a 'musical fireside'. It was really neat. We sang a bunch of hymns and they shared a few stories about certain hymns in their lives. A perfect ending to two days of conference.
The Tuesday Devotional was great too. Elder Ben B. Banks spoke to us. He had lots to say and covered many topics. i was sad we didn't hear from his wife. He told 2 stories of investigators who said "we can't deny what we feel" and that was neat. One of those investigators was there and talked to us! So cool. From a Jewish background, lived in South Africa, worked in diamond cutting (some of world's oldest -- way of doing it maybe). And now he and his wife are members and live in Provo. It was really cool to hear from him.
I have just a few minutes left. Life is good! We get to go to the temple, clean clothes, and write letters. Thanks for the updates on everyone. They're very important. Yes Mom, Atlantis pens came in green at one point. maybe it was a mixed colors pack. yes, I wear jeans on P-day. It helps me stay sane!! I put what candies I'd want just because i figured Dad would put them there anyway. May as well get what I like! If you put a few of many kinds in, it should be fab. i love fun size! Just the right amount of chocolate.
The gift of tongues is amazing and real. For sure. And i'm just barely scratching the surface, I feel. We were able to convey our message on Tuesday and it was really neat. Pretty much, all our teaching will be in Spanish from now on. Can't go backward! Also, next week at the TRC our investigator won't have a Christian background. That will be really interesting.
Gotta send this now. Love you so much! More letters please. I appreciate them SO much. love you love you!!
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment