Saturday, June 5, 2010

1 June 2010 - Drum and cymbals ready?

Transfer news: We are both staying here!

A bit of a surprise to us, but fun. We are struggling to find more investigators who are ready to learn and progress.... pull out our thinking caps. We had a good appointment with a new investigator yesterday, Hna Ana Lomele, and she accepted baptism on 17 July. Woo hoo! I think the best b-day present I could receive is a baptism on my b-day :) It's a Sat after all. We have struggled a touch to contact and teach many of our investigators. It's sad. THANK YOU for all your prayers and support. They mean a lot to me. I am doing well and pushing myself to improve and be a better missionary - more like the missionary you expect me to be.

I am glad you liked the bit about "spiritual children". It should be quoted as mine and Hna P's saying. We coined it together. Oh wait, we do everything together! Ha ha. I'm printing a few pics today for your enjoyment. And next week we get to visit the temple which is super exciting. (Dad, both temples are outside the mission so we are pretty lucky we get to go.)

Just two investigators at church this week - and Hno Octamendez is becoming hesitant b/c we've had to cancel appointments due to lack of help from the ward sisters. We nearly lost Hna Jenny Pacheco as an investigator this past week. She was willing to answer our Q's and listen to the first lesson one more time. And she agreed to pray again about the prophet Joseph Smith. We'll see her tomorrow for follow-up. It was strange walking out of the lesson feeling like we were walking on eggshells. We didn't like it much.

Today is transfer day - that last one with Pres. and Sis. Brady. Sad! They asked us to begin praying for our new president - Pres & Sis. Cook. I think their info was in the Feb 7 Church News. And they will come in at the end of June, beginning of July. At the end of this transfer and then he gets to plan things for next transfer. What fun!

As for packages and letters - nothing this week. But they hold everything and give it out at the transfer meeting so tomorrow may be a very happy mail day. We shall see. Thanks for all the love and support. I had NO luck at Old Navy last week. They don't have a professional section and everything is summer. Super bummer but on I go.

So exciting that Elder Green returns home in a week. Woo hoo!! I definitely think you should get him a pinata. They are fun :) Especially when you're a missionary and have to make-do with lots of things. You'll understand better when you see the pictures.

OH!! We went to a b-day party this week which rocked. Just wanted to visit and teach Hno Jorge Pacheco. His mom nearly pulled us in the door, gave us too many tacos after we had just eaten and sincerely said "My b-day is great because my children, neighbors, and you are here." Wow! We love her. Even though she has her adventist (saturday worship) church and she is strong and uninterested in ours. The cake was good too :) They pretended to shove her face in, but didn't. It was exciting b/c Hna P nor I had ever been to a b-day party on the mission. But now we have! And we have pictures to prove it.

I love you all very much and am grateful for your prayers and support. I know this is the true Church and it is a great privilege to be on the forefront of sharing the restored gospel with people. We shared our testimonies with the YW this past week and hopefully it will help them open their hearts. We'll have a ward missionary-driven activity in a few weeks, too.

Well, that's about all for this week. Short and sweet. Love you all! Read your scriptures and say your prayers daily. It will help.

Love,
Hermana Green

No comments: