Hola Familia,
Yep, our new president is here, in this area, doing his duties to jump in and move the work forward in the California Carlsbad Mission. Pres & Sis Brady head home tomorrow. That is so crazy!
Well, life is pretty great. Except it is the last week and Hna Pechin and I don't have much money at all. Ha ha. Yeah for PB & J! Luckily, we have lots of dinners in this week with members (hasn't been that way the past two weeks).
Exciting news - Hna Carmen Z was at church this week. And she really liked it! She is still pretty fabulous. We love her. She understands so well and thinks and applies and asks questions. She participated in the classes at church. And she is just cute. I'll have to get a picture with her and send it to you. (sorry there haven't been pictures lately. We just haven't really taken any.)
Hno Hernandez was at church as well. And he is going to talk to his friend and not play tennis on Sunday anymore - really big step for him. Yeah for the Spirit! It is our senior companion and we are so grateful to have its guidance in the Lord's work. We've been getting better at following it. And it makes us feel more spontaneous because it often means we change or tweak things just a bit.
We have decided to speak Spanish all the time out of the house, but not all the time all the time. It was a little much for Hna Pechin. And we've worked on language study plans so we can better measure our progress. Oh and we've started waking up earlier than normal so we can read the Book of Mormon in Spanish for 15-20 minutes. It's working out well so far.
I love you all so much!! Thanks for the updates and love from home. It makes life great.
I know God loves and supports us. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet - it was reconfirmed to me last night when we share the First Vision with Hna Carmen. It is amazing how God allows us to feel the Holy Ghost to have a taste of what eternal life will be like. The Gift of the Holy Ghost is something super amazing -- you should have an FHE about it this week!! And I'm really happy to hear you will all go to the temple soon. I LOVE the temple. The peace and light and understanding that we find there are incredible.
I'm glad all is well and busy. (Mum, we're running to a thrift store this week so I may find a shirt or two. Thanks for being on the look out for me, too.) How are the plans for the vacation back to Mexico? SO glad my mug arrived home fine. I bought a bunch of bubble wrap so I could ensure it survived.
Well, off we go to clean and write and talk. Love you all so much!!
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment