Says Hna Pechin as we walk along in our regular neighborhoods. And we set a new record this week --- FIVE bounce houses in one Sat. That is so awesome! Our high before was 3 and we talked about how amazing to see 5. Ta da! Dreams come true.
Explanation: mexicans love fiestas (parties) and they rent bounce houses and have 'em outside their home for the kids to play in. It's pretty great. Excited to get one later when it is allowed. Happily, I've also learned to dislike clutter and stuff - they just have so much in their houses. ick. Good to hear Chez did some cleaning out. Doesn't it make you happy, Mom, that I'm learning and changing? and it's thanks to Hna P as well. She hates stuff.
So this week we had 4 investigators at sacrament meeting. Yeah! Pretty great. Hnas Rosa and Yule Magana with their daughter/sister Diana who is a less-active and recent convert. She's not accepted by the YW which is really sad. We'll work on it... Also, Hna Ramos "aqui estoy, Hna Green" (= here I am, Hna Green). She just makes us smile. And Hno Octamendez for just a little bit - which was a big step for him.
Please pray for Hna Rosa Magana. She needs help to keep the Word of Wisdom. The family is doing well. And the two crazy grandchildren have now learned to sit down and prayer with us. It is pretty awesome. And they know our names. They are lots of fun....and troublemakers too :)
Basically, as missionaries we have little spiritual children and we are the slightly-bigger spiritual parents. We just love them and help them grow. And we feel so proud when they do!! Like Hna Magana who is so much better and more attentive and happy. And Hna Ramos as well as she is taking better care of herself and working up to live the Law of Chastity. She gave some sweet prayers in which she bore her testimony to Heavenly Father. I love it!
So things are going well. We are striving to find more productive finding activities so we can put more people on the "escalator to baptism" (Pres. Brady's other metaphor from my interview). It's not always easy. But it is so great to help people find true happiness and peace.
Thank you for being such a great, supportive family! And thanks Chez for the great letter. I am glad all is well. (PS Did you move into my room??) Super crazy that Elder Green is about to come home. Exciting, exciting. Yes, we shall see what the future holds. Valid point on the "real" Spanish Dad. I'm kind of accustomed to Mexican Spanish now...and I want to learn some real words not the So Cal ones :)
Happy news: we did have the fun district activity last P-day. And it was pretty great. I have pictures and can send them later. We played with a pinata and had chocolate cake (it was on the sale rack and there weren't any cupcakes) with party hats Hna P made from cardboard boxes. She decorated the b-day boy's hat with the foam flowers. (And we also gave one to an investigator to remind her to pray about Joseph Smith. te he he.) It was pretty great. A day to unwind? That's great. But it is also a very busy day. Today Hna P has plans for using her gift from Dad and I'm going to run into Old Navy and hopefully find another skirt. (Fingers crossed, and toes too.)
We will attend the Newport Beach Temple on the 8th of June. It is actually very close by :) And the members are ready to help us by lending us clothing. They are great! And they continue feeding us well.
Crazy about the snow back home. It has been colder here lately, too. It hasn't bothered me too much since it seems like back home - the weather just can't decide! Many of the Mexicans don't like it at all. They are ready for the heat. Woo hoo!
Dad, I am sorry about the nasty medicine but very happy to hear you are well and the procedure is over. I hope it isn't cancerous, too!
Well, it is time to run. Thanks again for all you do. I love you. Remember to read your scriptures and pray each day. It's the bestest thing you can do!!
Love,
Hna Green
No comments:
Post a Comment