Monday, June 28, 2010

15 June 2010 - My little world happenings

Hola Familia,

Thanks for the e-mails, packages, notes, letters and love! You are just super great. I am still doing well. Looking forward to a haircut later on today. It has been HOT lately. Woo hoo. It makes it a touch harder, but life goes on and it'll make me a better woman :)

I gave a talk in church this past Sunday. So did another elder and the ward mission leader. It went fine and I wasn't that nervous. My Spanish isn't super great, I'm realizing. But I keep working on it. Hna P and I set the goal to only speak in Spanish for the entire time we have left together. So that's what we're doing! It's good because then I think more in Spanish. It's also funny, because it makes it even harder to speak to English speakers. haha.

WELCOME HOME JJ!! How was motor-bike riding? How is the house? Huge and clean and comfortable? That's my guess. And how goes figuring out life? Applying all your goal-setting and planning skills? :) Still sticking to the missionary schedule? Anyway, send me a note when you can. It's super strange to think you are back at home. I hope things are great.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! I'll confess that I completely forgot until I saw info about a sale in a store ad this morning at the mailbox. oops. But I love you tons and tons and am so grateful for all you do. I received your letter this morning, actually. I was pretty excited about the Jackson. I have so many ideas for it! We shall see.

Well, to answer mom's question about the help of the ward sisters. The missionary rules are that you teach someone of the opposite sex only with the help of an adult of your same sex. So yes, the sisters are essential for teaching some of our investigators. We finally taught Hno Octamendez this Sunday. He has now moved into the elders' area. But he accepted a new baptismal date - July 24.

Our other investigators are doing fine. We have quite a few new ones....and some we can't get in contact with :( Hna Rosa Magana is improving in overcoming her addiction. Hna Yule Magana is pretty close to being ready for baptism :D They were not at church on Sunday though. Sad.

Um, yeah. I love water and I love fruit. On the hot days that is what sounds good! Oh and I'm grateful for sunscreen.

Thanks for all your love and help! I hope Hna Summers receives her package sometime soon. (Even though it has arrived there it will take some time to arrive in her hands.) It should make her happy.
Good luck with the craziness in the house. Wowsers on all the repairs. I'd say I'm mostly making repairs and adjustments internally. Trying to feel adequate to do the Lord's work. We had Zone Conference on Wed. which was pretty great. The last time with Pres. & Sis. Brady! It was a touch emotional. And then interviews on Thur. Lots of things all in a row. I love them lots. They are from Orem, so you could go and visit with them once they are home - just a thought.

Crazy that Tiff is nearly due! How did that happen? Wow. I'm in a fun, different world here 2 states away. I hope the pinata worked out well for the party. We decided to lend cardboard cutout Jesus to an investigator, Hno Hernandez to help him remember his big commitment to live one of the commandments that is hard for him. It was pretty great because he seemed excited.

And yes, I'd love a gray and brown skirt. I could also use one or two shirts that don't require any layering. It's just so hot! Like the blue on in my cactus picture. But not blue or purple - I have lots of those colors. If you find something great. If not, I'll just bite my tongue and go on. Love ya!

Well, time is up right now. Keep loving JJ and giving him good home-cooked food. I was really craving your food last night. Really craving it. You are just a rockin' cook! (and we only had one dinner with members last week :( )

I love you all and know the Lord sustains and helps us. It is amazing that we can repent and improve everyday so we can qualify for the Savior's help and live together as a family with God. Keep working for that goal all of you, eh?

Love,
Hermana Green

No comments: