Hola Familia,
The stress of last night and this morning = lost cell phone. Yeah, I know. You think missionaries are cut off from the world? Take away their cell phones! Then they've got nothing. Especially at 9:40 at night when they are IN for the night. ba ha ha.
We visited 3 places from our previous night's activities and at the last house we had gone to it was lying there in the grass. Blessed day! We feel like we should celebrate but are short on time as we had the extra stops to make. There is a package coming your way. I bubble wrapped the fragile item and put it in the bigger priority mail box - and so had to pay $6 more. Oops. A nice brown box would've been best!
So. From this week, well, it has been humbling as I'm trying to improve and really help people prepare for baptism and confirmation. Hna Pechin has been supportive. And we have seen improvement from before. Hna Magana is doing better in living the word of wisdom. Still a little ways to go. And they didn't come to church on Sunday which was really sad. I feel like we need to help someone be baptized before the transfer ends (3 weeks) but all our investigators seem like it would be too quick. It's interesting. Hna P and I definitely don't want to rush anyone. We want them to be faithful members . . . forever :D Naturally, right?
Oh and our answer to all our questions lately = the Spirit. How invite people to church better? see left. How teach better? see left. How help people keep their commitments to read? see left.
We did teach two different investigators that are true seekers of truth and it is fascinating. A little intimidating too. Hna Carmen is a Christian and invited us in and talked with us. Then we returned the next day and she had read 3 Ne 11 three times to understand it. Wow! She also understood my tactful answer to her "so you think my baptism doesn't count?" Phew, that was a tricky one. How did I manage it? Oh! The Spirit. :) Then we happened on her yesterday reading in her Book of Mormon - she's in 1 Ne 4. Wowsers. PS She has a really cool last name from some dialect in Mexico. Zehuancatl. And I said it right the first time reading it which really impressed her.
We also taught Hna Veronica and Hno Adrian. They were really open and nice. We won't see them again until Sunday :( We'll definitely be dropping by though.
Oh and Hna Navy Perez. She was like a sponge - soaking it up and asking good questions. It was a neat lesson. She was online to attend church but we called in the morning and she had to work. boo hoo.
Cardboard cutout Jesus didn't really help Hno Hernandez :( We are improving the lessons by doing more activities. But it's rough sometimes as he has had a problem for a lot of years and doesn't seem to fully believe he can overcome it. But Hna P and I know he is going to be baptized, and probably on our watch. Wowsers - more big responsibility.
Time is almost up. I love you all very much and am so grateful for all you do. As mum said, it is amazing we can be together forever as a family. And with our Heavenly Father who loves us so, so much. Thanks for all the updates from home. I'm glad all is well and am excited to visit with Lhing when I'm back in her area - oh wait! I am in her normal area except I'm in a little bubble. Te he.
Way to go on talking in church mis hermanos. Les amo mucho! La amo toda la familia!
Con amor,
Hermana Green
No comments:
Post a Comment